[Israel.pm] Access control/usage log for a package

David Baird davidlbaird at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:25:24 PDT 2006

Warning, this question is a knee jerk reaction to this wonderful
discovery that someone wrote an AOP interface for Perl. So not having
researched anything, yet, could Aspect help me to write a generic
error handler for all my SOAP method calls done through SOAP::Lite? As
many may recall, I have a love-hate relationship with SOAP::Lite.
Currently, I am doing something as ugly as this:

$soap->method(params);
soap_assert();

sub soap_assert {
  return if not $soap->call->faultstring;
  DEBUG($soap->call->failstring;
  die $soap->call->faultstring;
}

Every method called through my $soap object is followed by the
soap_assert() function. Could I use Aspect to insert some Advice code
after every call. Internally, the method calls are captured by the
AUTOLOAD of SOAP::Lite, so would I be able to add code "after"
SOAP::Lite::AUTOLOAD, or would I have to capture every method call
even though they are actually written in the SOAP::Lite module?

Thank you,
David