[Israel.pm] Time efficient multi-pattern matching -- a talk suggestion

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Sat Oct 14 11:53:09 PDT 2006

Hello,

The last talk suggestion of mine (the deadlock detection) did not seem very popular, so I'd like to suggest an alternative, perhaps more popular, though, not less algorithmic, talk:

Title:

Exact set matching (how to see which patterns from your patterns set matched against a given text)

Contents:

1. Problem definition
2. Aho-Corasick algorithm
3. Recent advances in Perl related to this algorithm, e.g.,
the hipe about A Release of Perl with TRIE-based regular
expressions
4. If we have time, we can also learn the nice stuff
mentioned in http://use.perl.org/~Matts/journal/30597

Duration: I'll need about 2 hours, something like 18:30-20:30

Anyone interested?

P.S.
If there are alternative talk suggestions which are
targeting a wider audience, please go ahead and suggest.

Those who are interested in giving talks need to send a
title, the contents and duration and then talk to Ran Eilam
or Me so we can book the location and announce the date/time
and the talk details.

--
Shlomo Yona
yona at cs.technion.ac.il