[Israel.pm] Good Perl programmer for hire

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 08:38:55 PDT 2006

On 10/13/06, guy keren <choo at actcom.co.il> wrote:

> just one question - what's this issue with "perl jobs"? jobs are not
> about a language - they are about what you develop with it. why should a
> programmer limit him/herself to one language?
>
> when you get to systems, eventually the experience with similar systems
> is often more valuable then the experience with the specific language.
>
> having said that - what would you call a "perl job"?

A job where people are developing an application in Perl?

Perl is not only for small tasks where it is one of the choice. Perl is
used in places, even in Israel for large applications. Sometimes it is in
production sometimes it is in QA but in such places high level of
Perl knowladge should be a requirement

And I write 'should be' as I see companies using Perl in production
written by people who cannot even spell Perl.