[Israel.pm] Using IO::Socket

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 04:58:29 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to use IO::Socket, but the documentation is not very
helpful. I can't even figure out what arguments I need to pass to the
"new" method:

new ( [ARGS] )

Creates an IO::Socket, which is a reference to a newly created symbol
(see the Symbol package). new optionally takes arguments, these
arguments are in key-value pairs. new only looks for one key Domain
which tells new which domain the socket will be in. All other
arguments will be passed to the configuration method of the package
for that domain, See below.

I looked below, but there are no further explanations on *what
exactly* are these optional arguments to new.
"perldoc perlipc" has an example of using IO::Socket, but that uses
"IO::Socket::INET" and anyway, and single example is hardly a complete
reference.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Offer