[Israel.pm] X11 application interaction

Roman M. Parparov romm at empire.tau.ac.il
Tue Oct 10 14:20:47 PDT 2006

Hi, guys,

I have the following problem:
I need to interact with an X11 (Openwin/Motif compatible) application that
is a closed source.

I looked into X11::Protocol, X11::Motif, X11::SendEvent and X11::GUITest.
The latter one gives partial answer to my needs, the problem that it is
pretty much write-only, and I'd like to get information about the window
being displayed. In order to do that I need to get the list of widgets
composing the specific X window. I haven't still found a way to do it.

Do you have any advice?
To do it completely via perl is much preferred, but if the solution is to
write a small piece of C code, it's fine, then I'll be thankful if someone
can give me pointers to relevant Xt/Xext/Xtest/Xwhatever functions or FAQs.

The latest resort is pixmap analysis, but I _really_ do not want to get
into that.

Thanks in advance,

Roman.

--
Roman M. Parparov - Senior Software Engineer, ABC (Yoram Shitrit) Ltd.
Email: romm at empire.tau.ac.il		   http:/abc.shitrit.com/site