[Israel.pm] Suggestions for Presentations I can Give

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Nov 24 02:29:39 PST 2006

What do you think of the following idea for presentation I can give on the
next meeting:

1. "The Joel Test"

http://wiki.perl.org.il/index.php/Ideas_for_Presentations#The_Joel_Test

Introducing the McConnell/Joel Test which is a simple test for measuring the
welfare of a (primarily shrinkwrap) software company.

2. Optimising Multi-tasking in PDL:

http://wiki.perl.org.il/index.php/Ideas_for_Presentations#Optimising_Multi-Tasking_in_PDL

This is a presentation about how to implement a certain Game AI multi-tasking
optimisation problem in PDL (the Perl Data Language), thus gaining both speed
and flexibility.

3. "There are Too Many Ways to Do it"

http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Perl/Lightning/Too-Many-Ways/

A lightning talk about a certain text manipulation task, and the various
solutions that people came up with to implement it.

So what do you think?

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il