[Israel.pm] Problems with latest CPAN module

Yossi Itzkovich Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Sat Nov 4 11:06:42 PST 2006

Hi,

I have updated CPAN on my machine (Solaris 10, Perl 5.8.4, CPAN 1.8802),
and since then, when trying to install modules (I tried few) I get:

"Can't locate object method safe_quote via package CPAN::HandleConfig at
/auto/ns_nm/users/iyossi/perl//CPAN.pm line 5425, <STDIN> line 1"

I didn't find any such report in the web.

My questions:
1. Have someone in the list had similar problem - any solution too?
2. How can I install previous CPAN version?
3. I managed to make+make test the module by myself. But "make install"
fails because it tries to install in site's installation directories.
How can I point it to $PERL5LIB ?

Thanks

Yossi