[Israel.pm] Tk Layout maddness

Shmuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Thu Nov 2 12:51:29 PST 2006

Hello There.

I was given a task to write a GUI for a program, so I decided to learn
and do it the Tk way.
Quite nice, actually. I have only one problem, and this is the layout
placers.
Does anyone know an in-depth explanation on the net?

The problem that I stucked with: I have a frame that have two labels
inside: on the left and on the right.
The frame itself is inside a bigger frame, and it insist on being in the
center.
Now, I don't want to declare it "left", because I add other widgets
below it.

In short, I want my frame to stretch horizontally, (and I already tried
-fill='x')
So my inner widgets will arrive to their proper places.
Help?

Shmuel.