[Israel.pm] perl 5.8.4 vs 5.8.8

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Mar 22 02:57:49 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 12:45:22 +0200, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:

> Thanks, I understood the "mostly" part. I just want to be sure that I can
> update all those core modules without upgrading Perl itself.

Oh, yes:

In the CPAN shell type 'r', and CPAN.pm will look for all the
installed modules with $VERSION vars and check if they're updated on
the CPAN.

Caveat: sometimes people mark submodules of a distribution with a
$VERSION, and forget to bump that when they distribute. Also, some
modules have no $VERSION.

 /\  kung foo master: /me kicks %s on the nose: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!