[Israel.pm] Fwd: CPAN Upload: J/JV/JV/Getopt-Long-2.35_01.tar .gz

Levenglick Dov-RM07994 Dov at freescale.com
Tue Mar 21 01:01:05 PST 2006

What can I say; an innocent feature requested by a friend is now a part of the release. You got to love open source :)
After the issue died in this mailing list, it was also discussed by me and Johan over the mail, the following quote being the last I heard from him on the subject:

I think that it should be the same as parsing the real @ARGV. If you leave these in @ARGV do so here.

>>Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:
>>
>>    [Quoting Dov Levenglick, on March 6 2006, 03:11, in "Re: Module >>submissio"]
>>    > i am not sure that i understand the question. this is not supossed >>to effect @ARGV at all because of the closure.
>>    > what am i missing?
>>
>>    # Assuming foo and bar are valid options:
>>
>>    local(@ARGV) = qw(--foo --bar=blech zilch);
>>    Getopt::Long::GetOptions;
>>
>>    # @ARGV now contains qw(zilch)
>>
>>    What should be done with this? Ignore? Error?
>>
>>    -- Johan

Best Regards,
Dov Levenglick
DSP SoC System and Applications Engineer,
Network and Computing Systems Group
Freescale Semiconductor Israel
Tel. +972-9-952-2804
[ ] Freescale General Business Information
[ ] Freescale Internal Use Only
[ ] Freescale Confidential Propriety
[x] Personal Memorandum