[Israel.pm] (no subject)

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Mar 17 03:01:45 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 23:10, Sagiv Barhoom wrote:
> On Thursday 16/3/2006 17:33, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> > Why can't us stick $10 or better yet ${10} there ?
>
> Gabor, could you  please explain why ${10} is better then $10?

Well, generally, in Perl one can use the ${ ... } notation to signify when the
name of the variable inside the interpolation ends. So if for example I want
to have something like :

	$myvar . "hello" . $q . "Sagiv"

I can write it as:

	"${myvar}hello${q}Sagiv"

Whereas:

	"$myvarhello$qSagiv"

Will be interpreted as the variable $myvarhello followed by $qSagiv.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.