[Israel.pm] (no subject)

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:33:40 PST 2006

On 3/16/06, Levenglick Dov-RM07994 <Dov at freescale.com> wrote:
> Other than the fact that I can't do that in the specific script that I am running due to other limitations, can you please clarify what buffer you are talking about, how it gets filled and why can't I access it when I am trying to?

Heh ?

when you do capturing with () in the regex, it saves the captured string in
buffers numbered 1,2,3.... that you can access during the regex using the
\1,\2,\3... notation and after the scuccessful matching
(including the substitution part of the s///) using the $1, $2,$3... notation.

Why can't us stick $10 or better yet ${10} there ?
or probably better yet, why don't you split on /\./ ?