[Israel.pm] Fwd: untaint_columns for column name with underscore

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sun Mar 5 03:49:02 PST 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:35:22 +0000, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Hi,This question relates to http://maypole.perl.org.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard of Maypole making
anyone's life hard.

> I have column name with underscore in my database.When i try to use the code:TomatoDB::probe_id->untaint_columns(    printable => ["name"]);
> I get:[Sun Mar 05 13:07:34 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locateobject method "untaint_columns" via package "TomatoDB::Probeid"(perhaps you forgot to load "TomatoDB::probe_id"?) at TomatoDB.pm line27.

This is due to how Class::DBI::Loader converts table names to class
names...

	foo_bar -> Foobar
	foo -> Foo
	foobar -> Foobar

I think.... Look at the Class::DBI::Loader docs to check what it
really does.

Also, beware of Maypole's liberal use of UNIVERSAL::moniker and
Lingua::En::Plural or whatever that module is, converting class and
table names all over the place.

> I tried to change probe_id to Probeid and Probe_Id ... In the code above.
> With what name the table loads?

Please tell us what your table name is, and what your column name
is, so that we can answer more easily. I think the question is
slightly confused.

If you're stuck with Maypole, whatever... If not, I suggest you try
a better framework. Maypole is on it's way to becoming abandonware,
it's got a small community and it's internals are very very hard to
fix after what's been done to them.

 /\  kung foo master: /me climbs a brick wall with his fingers: neeyah!