[Israel.pm] Seeking Contractor - IT

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 05:21:48 PDT 2006

Hi Yaron,

thanks for the clarification regarding your name.

As you already answered this part on the list let me also answer
here.

On 6/29/06, Yaron Golan <yarong at xennexinc.com> wrote:
> 2. This is an emergency response person. Although our servers are monitored,
> backed up, have dual raid, and are semi-managed, if something happens, I may
> need this person to, if worse comes to worst, wake up in the middle of the
> night to address a business-critical issue. That being said, this has never
> happened before, and if it does, I expect it to happen less frequently than
> once a year. I also expect this person to review our monitoring and backup
> services and minimize the risk to him and the business (with obvious values
> for both).

IMHO the concern is not with the night shift but that if you always want a 15
minutes response time than the person taking this cannot leave her computer
and the internet connection at a distance of more than 15 minutes.

So for example cannot travel (though this can be solved by having a
mobile Internet connection) and cannot go to a movie or a theatre as
there she won't
be available for more than 15 minutes..