[Israel.pm] [OT] Timeout Problem

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Thu Jun 8 01:04:42 PDT 2006

Georges EL OJAIMI wrote:
> 6. I am thinking that one of the problems is because the replicated tables are not indexed so the estimated execution plan shows a full table scan.

Hi Georges,

So to summarize, you're running 1500 queries against 13GB of data using
full table scans, and wondering why it's taking so long?

I would get those tables indexes before bothering to do anything else.
If you can't, then just don't run concurrently at your bottleneck times
and accept that lot's of CPUs and oodles of RAM can, and will, be
brought to their knees by disk I/O :-)

  Yitzchak