[Israel.pm] Perl and XEmacs

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Jun 4 05:39:05 PDT 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 07:55, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I write Perl in XEmacs,  The opening "{" of a block, is always at the
> end of the opening block statement (if/foreach), instead of a seperate
> line.
>
> For example:
>
> if ($a)  {

>       }
>

> instead of :
>
> if ($a)
> {
> }
>

> Does domeone know how to change it ?

Well, I installed the Mandriva 2006 XEmacs-21.4.17 xemacs and xemacs-packages
rpm's. and am editing a file in CPerl mode. The result I'm getting is:

<<<<<<<<<<<
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

foreach my $var (qw(hello there good))
  {
    print "Hi $var!\n";
  }

The opening brace is in a separate line, but indented.

Perhaps there is some relevant configuration option in your XEmacs configure
(~/.xemacs) that affects its behaviour. It's hard to know because you didn't
provide too much information.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.