[Israel.pm] new module for CPAN: Getopt::Long::String

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Jan 30 09:59:02 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 19:33:27 +0200, Levenglick Dov-RM07994 wrote:
> Johan Vromans asked me:
> How is this different from a trivial
>
>     local(@ARGV) = shellwords($string);
>     GetOptions(...);
>
> >From this I learned that there is such a subroutine, that is distributed with Perl, and that the namespace owner of Getopt::Long also thinks that this functionality doesn't warrant a module.
> I asked him whether it could be added as an addition to Getopt::Long instead.
> When I hear more, I will update you all. Thanks for all your help.

Shellwords is kind of like string2list, but probably more accurate
since string2list isn't necessarily shell oriented.

I didn't know the name to look up by, so now I reccomend using the
core module Text::ParseWords::shellwords instead of
String::Escape::string2list.

So essentially, Johan Vromans is correct.

Ciao!

 /\  kung foo master: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM: neeyah!