[Israel.pm] new module for CPAN: Getopt::Long::String

Levenglick Dov-RM07994 Dov at freescale.com
Mon Jan 30 09:33:27 PST 2006

Johan Vromans asked me:
How is this different from a trivial

    local(@ARGV) = shellwords($string);
    GetOptions(...);

>From this I learned that there is such a subroutine, that is distributed with Perl, and that the namespace owner of Getopt::Long also thinks that this functionality doesn't warrant a module.
I asked him whether it could be added as an addition to Getopt::Long instead.
When I hear more, I will update you all. Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards,
Dov Levenglick
DSP SoC System and Applications Engineer,
Network and Computing Systems Group
Freescale Semiconductor Israel
Tel. +972-9-952-2804
[ ] General Business Information