[Israel.pm] new module for CPAN: Getopt::Long::String

Levenglick Dov-RM07994 Dov at freescale.com
Mon Jan 30 04:50:43 PST 2006

This mechanism of calling a subroutine &Module::subname (as opposed to &Module::subname() )passes @_ to it implicitly.
As for the modules right to exist, I think that the fact that it both parses the string (using String::Extract) and then parses the options (using Getopt::Long) is what gives it its additive value. Before the String::Extract addition I was willing to agree that there is no need for the module and that it could be added to Getopt::Long. However now, I believe that the module has a right of its own by combining the functionalities.

Best Regards,
Dov Levenglick
DSP SoC System and Applications Engineer,
Network and Computing Systems Group
Freescale Semiconductor Israel
Tel. +972-9-952-2804
[ ] General Business Information