[Israel.pm] Some Issues - Net::Telnet

Semuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Sun Jan 29 09:07:44 PST 2006

Hello There.

I wasn't around for some time, for my domain is down, so I could not
read/write mail. Now I'm reading though my ISP's mail account. Oh well.
(if you know about someone that can host my site, that is pretty tiny
with about 10 hits a day, for 20~30$ per year, please mail me. Thanks.)

And to the questions. I'm writing a small script using Net::Telnet.
(In my work, I'm responsible to cellular sites, so the program should
telnet to each site, get some info from it, and check that everything is
ok.)

1. The sites complain that I should telnet using VT100 emulation. Can I
set Net::Telnet to satisfy this?
2. I get a CR character in the beginning of every line. Even though I
leave the binmode=0 default. (That suppose to deal with the \n
translation) what am I doing wrong?
3. I'm having troubles setting the Prompt parameter. My prompt is "SC)
". (And a CR in the beginning of the line) how do I set the module to
this prompt?

Thanks,
Semuel Fomberg.