[Israel.pm] A progblem with files diff.

Meron.Cohen at ecitele.com Meron.Cohen at ecitele.com
Wed Jan 25 00:40:34 PST 2006

Hello,

Problerm description:

Given 2 text files (that might be large, 60MB approximately, sometimes)  I
need to find all differences between those 2 files.
Tried to use "diff", but for large files it doesn't work. So, I tried to
use "bdiff" (for Big Diff), and it worked, only it doesn't give the
minimum differences,
because it does the diff segment by segement (so, I can't use it for my
purposes).

Questions:

I would like to know if there is a perl module that can overcome the upon
problems. If there is one, could you give me a brief example?

P.S.

If you know about an option to give a diff algorithm or program a Regular
Expression as a parameter, in order to skip differences that match this
RE, it would be wonderful.
If you don't know a good module for this but know a program that would do
it for me, that would be a temporary solution for me.

Thanks a lot,

Meron Cohen