[Israel.pm] Using a module without installing it

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Jan 18 00:40:28 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:37:33 +0200, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install a module from CPAN(Msql in my case). the "test" phase
> fails (I still don't know why).  force install doesn't work (I don't know
> why again).
>
> Is there a way I can try to use this module without installing it? just to
> run my simple test ?

Well, the test suite for the module runs with it uninstalled, and it
really makes no difference - if the tests failed then there's
probably something wrong.

Try the pure perl mysql driver, but perhaps a more appropriate
solution is to share the failure output as well as information on
your computer (operating system, perl version, etc) so that we can
help you determine if this should be reported to the DBD::mysql
module maintainer or not.

 /\  kung foo master: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM: neeyah!