[Israel.pm] Using Closures as Methods

Jason Elbaum jason.elbaum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:49:02 PST 2006

Shlomi,

Interesting code. Though it's not clear to me why one would ever
expect this *not* to work in the first place. SUPER is a mechanism for
method search; methods are simply subroutines; closures are a type of
subroutine. Makes sense to me.

More to the point, though: Why would you want to do this? What
functionality does it give you in real-world code?

Objects let data carry its own functions with it; closures let
functions carry their own data with them. It's not clear to me what
you gain by combining the techniques. Better encapsulation of object
data?

Regards,

Jason Elbaum