[Israel.pm] Simple terminal manipulation

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Thu Feb 2 09:06:54 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 12:18 +0100, Madani, Srikanth, VF-DE wrote:

> I also want to use a similar construct in the context of:
>
> 	Number of rows inserted: 1003
>
> and then keep replacing 1003 with the actual number of rows inserted
> etc.
>
> Am on a Unix machine, using Perl v5.8.1.

For this purpose, \r works nicely.  Print a line, without ending it with
\n, and when you want to overwrite it, start the new text with \r.

This does not work when you want to overwrite more than one line.  This
is why I snipped the first part of your letter.
                                                    --- Omer
--
Eli Marmor's Law:  netiquette forbids people from replying "I agree with