[Israel.pm] My First Io Program

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Dec 17 09:10:41 PST 2006

Yesterday I finished my first Io program, with some help from the good people
at #io on Freenode. Here it is in all its glory:

digits_sum := method(n, if(n == 0, 0, n%10 + digits_sum(n / 10)))

a := BigNum with(1)

for(i, 0, 299,
    a := a << 1

My main problem in writing it was the fact that I wrote "a:= BigNum 1" instead
of "a := BigNum with(1)". Without the previous version I'm getting:

Exception: Number does not respond to '<<'

As an exercise I also wrote this program in Haskell, and Lisp. I also have the
following Perl Golf version which I wrote:

#!perl -l
use bigint;map{$_=1<<$_;s/./1x$&/ge;print y/1//}0..299

The people on #codegolf (also on Freenode) came up with the following Ruby
golf version:

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il