[Israel.pm] Introduction to Perl 6

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 10:45:31 PST 2006

On 12/13/06, Issac Goldstand <margol at beamartyr.net> wrote:
> Cool!  Is this particularly targeted for Perl5 programmers?  Non-Perl
> programmers?

The full material will be for people without any Perl or Python or
similar programming background but that is going to be a 32-40 hours
long
course. During the PM meetings I will go at a speed 3-5 times
higher than the normal speed as I assume programming background.
I will try to answer questions and slow down where I feel it is necessary
based on the feedback from the people attending it.
After all I myself am trying to learn Perl6 and how to teach it.

I am quite sure clever people with several years of programming background
in any language will be able to follow it. They are also welcome to attend the
meeting.

The slides are going to be available from here:

              http://www.szabgab.com/perl6.html

Currently there is an old and very minimalistic version there but it
might be useful to get started.