[Israel.pm] Introduction to Perl 6

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:00:43 PST 2006

hi @,

as I mentioned on the last meeting I would like to provide a
set of introductory lessons to Perl6 during our meetings.
Each lesson is 60-90 minutes long.

Attending it can help you get started with Perl 6 and by the
Hackathon you will have enough background to easily participate.

The first lecture will be on the January meting (exact date and
time will be announced by the organizers).
On this meeting I plan to talk about basic things like

- Where and how to get Perl6
- Basic syntax of the language
- Variables: scalars, arrays, hashes
- Operators
- Basic IO
- Maybe even functions if I have time
- Documentation
- Where to get help

I assume prior knowledge of some programming language, preferably P* or R*.
I will go very quickly with lots of examples.
After one hour you will be ready to do your first steps in Perl6.