[Israel.pm] Perl GUis

Jason Elbaum jason.elbaum at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:47:25 PST 2006

> Don't compare it to VB or other visual gui-editors. Compare it to Java's
> swing and other layout-driven systems.

I don't know VB or Swing so I can't comment. I'm not comparing Tk to
anything; I'm just observing its own properties.

Perl is by nature a compact, concise language. I've hardly ever seen
Perl/Tk code which is compact or concise. To me, that indicates flawed
design.

> In general, I think that programmer should not do GUI, and leave the
> design work to the design people.

Not everyone has "design people" to do GUIs for them.

Regards,

Jason