[Israel.pm] minimal "must-know" modules list for Perl programmer

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Aug 28 15:15:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:56:30 +0300, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:

> I would like to hear as many opinions as possible, what is the minimal
> "must-know" modules list for a Perl programmer.  Please note the "minimal"
> word ! I don't want to have here all the CPAN modules....  only those that
> every Perl programmer should know

Really all you need is to know http://search.cpan.org/ and have a
good eye for quality (check docs, read the code, read the tests, and
if you have a good hunch try using it - if you still like it, then
it's one of those modules).

That said, some of my favourite tools are generall my favourites
because they solve specific problems. The general problems - they're
tricker to have a One True module. I can share a few names off that
list if you like.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418