[Israel.pm] Multi Tier Development question?

rami doqa rod082 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 08:24:21 PDT 2006

Hello. I want to know how I can implement the multi
tier programming concept in Perl.
I am using the traditional procedural programming way
in Perl and I am going to switch to the object
oriented programming way. I found my self stuck when I
want to separate the presentation from the business
logic from the data storage in my application. For
I have the following DB tables: orders, items with the
1- M relationship.
Shall I create a Perl classes the same as the DB
tables with the same exact attributes: item.pm and
order.pm . if yes then how can I implement the 1 - M
relationship between these classes and how can I
change the actual value of the table fields when I
make some required operations on the  class methods or
attributes, and Where (separate layer).
I expect the following architecture:

../view/... contains all of HTML and templates

.. /controller/
 contains the scripts that act as
switcher between the model classes and the view

/model/....contains the business rules (abstracted

 contains all of the classes which do the
database transactions

I am appreciating if someone could help me to
understand this better by replying to me or sending
links related to what I am looking for.

Dakka, Rami

Do You Yahoo!?