[Israel.pm] minimal "must-know" modules list for Perl programmer

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Aug 28 06:01:42 PDT 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 12:56, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to hear as many opinions as possible, what is the minimal
> "must-know" modules list for a Perl programmer.  Please note the "minimal"
> word ! I don't want to have here all the CPAN modules....  only those that
> every Perl programmer should know
>
> I guess there will be no objections for starting with:
> 1. strict
> 2. warnings

Other important modules:

* File::Spec (core)
	- http://search.cpan.org/dist/Path-Class/ which is a more convenient
	abstraction above it).

* IO::File/IO::Socket (core)
	- IO::All (non-core) is a convenient abstraction above them.

* File::Basename (core)

* File::Slurp

* File::Copy (core)

* File::Path (core)

* Class::Accessor or a similar module (like Moose)

* Template (Template Toolkit - non-core).

* Parse::RecDescent - non-core - or a similar module like Parse::Yapp or byacc
for perl, which have better performance.

* Devel::Trace.

* Test::More and other testing modules.

* Module::Build.

Maybe I'll recall more later.