[Israel.pm] Memory leak: finding who to blaim

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Thu Aug 24 11:14:35 PDT 2006

Yona Shlomo wrote:
> That might be a useful idea if I was looking for the C
> implementation code that leaked. I'm interested in the Perl
> code that did it, not the low level implementation of it...

Just tried to suggest valgrind instead of Purify that Offer suggested ;-)
> I'll check out the whole thing again. Thanks.
> What about a methodology on how to locate the leaking thing?

Hmmm... I really can't think of a good/simple way...
Just think of some hash you keep on filling, or something like that.
BTW, I forgot to mention perl -D[letters] (PITA to read its output, but
it's been helpful more than once...)

Good luck,

  ~Y