[Israel.pm] Finding a Scapegoat [was Re: Memory leak: finding who to blaim]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Aug 24 05:05:52 PDT 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:37, Yona Shlomo wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Levenglick Dov-RM07994 wrote:
> > What type of daemon is this? What does it do? What modules does it call?
>
> The daemon listens to sockets: UDP and TCP which are used
> for interaction between the component that monitors that
> daemon and for interaction of processes that the daemon
> spawns with the daemon.
>
> It uses standard Perl modules.
>
> > There are modules that are known to leak memory (such as Tk).
>
> What about DBI?
>
> > Generally speaking, I say that you should blame Gabor and get it over
> > with :)
>
> Gabor, I blame you.
> OK. Didn't help... now what?! :-)

Here's an IRC conversation that took place a while ago on Freenode's #svn:

<<<<<<<<<<<<
     <rindolf>  ayita: kfogel interview is
                http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/27/1555228
       <ayita>  Thanks!
     <rindolf>  ayita: good girl.
     <rindolf>  ayita: kfogel interview?
     <rindolf>  ayita: kfogel interview?
             *  Dave` smells ayita timing out
       <darix>  ayita: index kfogel.*
       <darix>  you killed her it seems
     <rindolf>  darix: LOL
  <davidjames>  It's not nice to hurt people
       <Dave`>  Oh my god, they killed ayita!
     <sussman>  hiiiiiiiiiidey ho!
             *  rindolf quickly finds someone else to blame.
     <rindolf>  a scape-goat!
     <rindolf>  sussman: you'll be the ideal scape-goat for the murder of
ayita.
     <sussman>  I think you'de be good at the 'werewolf' game
     <rindolf>  "You know it would be the easiest thing to blame it on Nanny."
     <rindolf>  "Let's do it then."

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il