[Israel.pm] Memory leak: finding who to blaim

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Wed Aug 23 12:46:40 PDT 2006

Offer Kaye wrote:
> You could try Devel::Leak -
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Devel-Leak/Leak.pm
>
> Note that profiling memory will usually require you to use a specially
> compiled Perl, regardless if you use Devel::Leak, Purify, Gprof or
> some other solution.

s/purify/valgrind/gi; # :-)

Devel::Peek, Devel::Size (please make sure you have tons of RAM to spare
before using it), Test::Memory::Cycle (more for testing, but you can use
it to make sure you don't have circular refs).
Oh, and yeh, you should probably recompile Perl as Offer said (-DDEBUGGING).

  ~Y

P.S: Shlomo, who are you and what happened to the real Shlomo?
You're the last person I'd expect to misspell "dissecting" and "pieces" ;-)