[Israel.pm] Multi Threading exercises ideas

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Wed Aug 23 09:28:13 PDT 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:

> I have never written a MT code (not in Perl nor in any other language I
> work with), and I would like to start exercise.
>
> Can you give me ideas (or links to ideas) for smalll MT application to
> write?  I want to write small application to "feel" the MT issue
> (==problems, deadlocks etc.)

i would suggest doing this in C first (assuming you know C, ofcourse).
multi-threading is problematic enough in itself, so adding the problems of
threading implementations in various languages at the same time might not
be such a good idea.

i'll send you to my tutorial, at
http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/multi-thread/multi-thread.html

and gain some more self-publicity ;)