[Israel.pm] Memory leak: finding who to blaim

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon Aug 21 06:25:58 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have a daemon which seems to be leaking memory.
The daemon is written in Perl.

After reviewing the code of my obvious guesses and then
testing them separately in a test script (looping forever
over their functionality, while monitoring the memory
consumption of the test script over time), I ended up with
nothing.

Now, I know it leaks memory (I see PS reporting more memory
over time).

Any suggestions how to easily pin point the guilty peace of
code without having to manually disecting my code into
little peaces that can be tested using a loop?

Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona
yona at cs.technion.ac.il