[Israel.pm] Can't use Hebrew with perl on mysql 4.1

Rami Addady rami at active.co.il
Tue Sep 27 06:57:50 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm using mysql 4.1.10 and perl v5.8.5 on the latest version of CentOS
4.1 (RedHat AS 4.1 clone)

Only from perl I can't work properly on Hebrew data. Perl application
can't display the Hebrew text or insert proper Hebrew.  DBI module fetch
????? values  and insert  nulls instade of hebrew charcater to/from the DB.

Other application like php (using phpmyadmin) or mysql shell command
work fine with Hebrew on the same table.

The table was create using hebrew character set:
CREATE DATABASE `table-name` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET hebrew COLLATE
hebrew_general_ci;

Any Idea ?

Regards,

Rami Addady