[Israel.pm] Call to people with disabilities to register

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Fri Sep 23 06:17:20 PDT 2005

Gabor Szabo has informed me of his secret and evil wish to make the
upcoming YAPC::Israel::2006 conference (see
http://www.perl.org.il/YAPC/2006/) accessible to people with
disabilities.

People, who are wheelchair bound or have serious difficulty walking; are
blind; or deaf/hard-of-hearing - need to be taken into account when
planning the conference to ensure that it is fully accessible to them.

Since I still hold the title of "Accessibility Coordinator" in Hamakor,
I agreed to help with this venture, like I did for the August Penguin 4
conference, which was held last August.

So, if you are a software developer (or onlooker), who is having a
disability, which requires you to have special accommodations during a
conference - please let me know about you and your disability ASAP.

If you have a disability and plan to attend the YAPC::Israel::2006
conference, let me know also about this so that accommodations can be
made to allow you to have as similar experience as possible to that of
your non-disabled associates.
                          Thanks,
                               --- Omer Zak
                          Accessibility Coordinator
--
Delay is the deadliest form of denial.    C. Northcote Parkinson

I may be affiliated in any way.