[Israel.pm] Tomorrow's meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Nov 7 10:08:10 PST 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 18:15, Offer Kaye wrote:
> Hi all,
> As we never got any lectures, it doesn't look like we'll be having
> tomorrow's meeting.
>
> One alternative is to meet tomorrow, but only for a social meeting.
> If you would like to attend such a meeting, please reply to this email
> (make sure to reply to the list) and say "I", so we can all count who
> is coming.
>
> If we do make it a social meeting I think we can skip the University
> and meet direcly in a pub :)
>
> I :)

I.

Meaning is that I'd like to have a social meeting.

That put aside, I can give one or more of my Perl for Perl Newbies lectures
then, but maybe it would only be effective for errata and feedback. I know
I'm not a good lecturer, but I felt that the series when given at Haifux went
pretty well, and also I can learn how to give it better in due time.

Ofer, you're asking this question right before the presentation. If you expect
your query to be effective, you should give people more time to respond.

> Feel free to comment and suggest other options... collective Perl code
> hacking? Israel.pm website improvements? Use your imagination... :)

If we have an access to an interconnected UNIX computer then we can work on
some of my modules or other Perl apps, or those of other people. But it will
require an Internet and it will require a UNIX system. (Hacking on Windows is
painful).

We can also perform meta-discussions, or try to improve the Israel.PM site.
Whatever you decide - I'm in.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.