[Israel.pm] Remove Source Code Indexer and Search

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Thu Nov 17 10:44:34 PST 2005

On Thursday, 17 בNovember 2005 16:57, David Baird wrote:
> 2. Engineers also want to search in the commented text of source
> files, so I am looking for an indexing and search tool, web based,
> perhaps also a web service. However, all I can find are web crawlers
> and I want to handle source code (C, C++, make files) not HTML files.

You may want to look at LXR (http://lxr.linux.no) -- Although
it was specifically written for the Linux kernel:
 - It's in perl, so it's easy to customize.
 - Handle pretty big source trees -- The current kernel is
   ~7K *.h files and ~7K *.c files.
 - Has no C++ support (AFAIK).

The source itself is hosted somewhere on sourceforge.

ICQ UIN: 16527398

Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion.
          -- Mike Coleman