[Israel.pm] Re: Talk on the meetings

michael tewner tewner at jct.ac.il
Sun Nov 13 04:52:26 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, [ISO-8859-1] G?bor Szab? wrote:

> On 11/12/05, michael tewner <tewner at jct.ac.il> wrote:
> > 1. When is this?
> The next meeting was scheduled to Thursday, 17th November in TAU.
>
> > 2. I gave a presentation on parallel programming at
> > jerusalem.pm. Perhaps I can give it again at israel.pm?
>
> yeah you could. What is parallel programming ?
Using a bunch of computers to distribute a complex task among a bunch of
workstations/CPU's.

> How long is your talk?
I think the one I gave was 30-45 minutes.

> > I don't have slides, and I'm not an accomplished public speaker...
> What does this mean then ?

There were no slides for my presentation. I remember there being a good
set of slides I could perhaps use on the internet, though.

I'de be happy to try to get this ready for thursday if the people who
heard my talk think it would be worth it.