[Israel.pm] Re: [hackers-il] Need Personal Loans so I can Collect Online Donations

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Nov 7 13:06:50 PST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 22:40, Gadi Evron wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi good people!
> >
> > Throughout the years I have created (and still am creating) many useful
> > and free-as-in-speech digital resources: open source software, a home
> > site with many resources, presentations about various topics (including
> > "Perl for Perl Newbies"), essays, articles and fictitious stories. I
> > placed them all on the web for anyone to enjoy and learn from, without
> > asking for anything in return. I enjoy doing that and plan to continue
> > doing that. However, I also would like to start seeing some monetary
> > benefit.
> >
> > For this, I decided to add a PayPal donation button to my sites, so
> > people can donate money for me in exchange for benefiting from the fruits
> > of my labour. In order to accept credit cards donations PayPal requires
> > two things:
> >
> > 1. An international credit card.
> >
> > 2. An account in a U.S. bank.
> >
> > I recently opened an account at FIBI and they told me that in order to
> > get an international credit card I need to reserve 15,000 NIS. I don't
> > have this kind of money at the moment, and since I need a PayPal account
> > to collect it, I have a chicken and egg problem. But I figured out a way
> > to resolve it.
> >
> > If you feel that you know me well and that my work is worthy, please
> > consider giving me a personal loan of several 1,000's NIS. I will use it
> > to set up my PayPal account and to eventually gather enough money to pay
> > it back. (Possibly with some interest).
>
> Is this a phishing email?

Hi Gadi!

It isn't a phishing E-mail. I'm just looking for a personal loan in order to
start financing a credit card. I'm asking for 15,000 NIS max, not more. And
it's really me - Shlomi Fish. I'm not trying to get anyone bank's account,
just give them my account details so they can contribute money.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.