[Israel.pm] Talk on the meetings

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Nov 3 07:48:46 PST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 11:07, Gábor Szabó wrote:
> Hi @,
>
> I talked to Offer and I will take back the nagging of you to give
> talks on the coming meetings. We are planning to have the next
> Israel.pm meeting on the 17th
> November and then slowly go back to the regular scheduling of the
> first Thursday
> of every month.
>
> So the planned dates are
>
> 17th November
> 8th December  (the 1st would be too close)
> 5th January 2006
> 2nd February 2006
>
> Now I'd like to start collecting presentations and as we discussed
> several times
> earlier I'd like to start organizing the beginners talks as well.
>
> So I am looking for both introductory level talks and advanced talks
> for the coming
> meetings.

OK. My suggestions:

http://wiki.perl.org.il/index.php/Ideas_for_Presentations

Judging by last time, it seems that the code reviews will not go very well.

Plus beginners' ones:

Perl for Perl Newbies -

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Newbies/

Either of the four lectures.

A note to Gal - if you're bringing your computer - please make sure it has:

1. IceWM or KDE.

2. Firefox.

3. bash.

4. gvim.

I recall some of these things were missing.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

bottom 5%.