[Israel.pm] SOAP::Lite dispatch_to

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Thu Mar 24 01:37:39 PST 2005

Hello,

Some 'endpoint' is issueing events which are published as a
SOAP service.

If I want to create an endpoint that is able to listen to
such requests I need to implement a listening server (API is
given as a WSDL) and once such server is up, registe it.

So far so good.

It seems that the event issuing endpoint SOAP client is
attempting to contact the listening server like this

my $EventNotification = SOAP::Lite
        -> uri('urn:foo:Bar/Vaz')
        -> proxy("$sUrl");

Which apparently should mean that the 'foo' stands for the
namespace, and that Bar::Vaz is the class that implements
the service.

On my listening server I dispatch requests like this:

	->dispatch_to('urn:foo','Bar::Vaz')

Surprisingly, this does not work.

More surprisingly, when trying to cheat and emulate the
event-client's requests, I did the following:

my $EventNotification = SOAP::Lite
        -> uri('urn:Bar/Vaz')
        -> proxy("$sUrl");

But also on the listening server side I did:

	->dispatch_to('','Bar::Vaz')

And it worked.

Unfortunately, I have no way of affecting the way the client
lists its 'uri' so, this trick won't do me any good.

Any ideas what's going on (other than that SOAP::Lite
probably doesn't parse properly the urn from the class) and
what can I do in order to manage the problematic 'uri' on
the server side?

Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona