[Israel.pm] Development environments for Perl

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Mar 8 04:54:08 PST 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 19:18, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hey People,
>
> I'd like to call for a couple of presentations regarding Perl
> development environments.
>
> I mean vi, emacs, Eclipse, Komodo and other tools you might use to improve
> your environment.
>
> Personally I use mostly vi and while I have been using it for a couple
> of years now
> I have a feeling that I'd be much more productive if I actually knew
> how to use it.
> I could imagine even some general "tricks in vi" presentation but if
> the presentation
> was "How to use vi for Perl development" it would be nice as well.

Well, I'm using gvim, but I'm not sure if I qualify as a vim expert. I'm using
gvim in Windows-emulation mode with a rather large .vimrc files with many
customizations. I don't mind contribute the techniques I'm using regularly to
such a lecture, but I'm not sure if I make a full use of gvim's capabilities.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il