[Israel.pm] Fwd: [RELEASE] Parrot 0.1.2 "Phoenix" Released!

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:49:45 PST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leopold Toetsch
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:57:38 +0100
Subject: [RELEASE] Parrot 0.1.2 "Phoenix" Released!

On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce the release of
Parrot 0.1.2.

What is Parrot?

Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic

Parrot 0.1.2 contains a lot of new stuff:

- New string handling code. Strings now have charset and encoding
- Parts of a generational garbage collector
- Better Python support, separated into dynclasses
- Parrot Grammar Engine
- Improved test coverage and documentation
- and a lot more

After some pause you can grab it from

As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
just get the latest and best from CVS by following the directions at

Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more
information about Parrot, get involved, and:

Have fun!