[Israel.pm] SOAP::Lite and timeout

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Sun Mar 6 06:09:28 PST 2005

Yona Shlomo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to define a timeout for a SOAP client:
>
> my $timeout = 1;
> my $soap = SOAP::Lite
> 	-> uri('urn:FooBar')
> 	-> proxy('http://localhost:9009', timeout => $timeout)
> ;
>
> My client gets an undefined object from its method call
> upon timeout (peeking into the fault data, reveals that it was
> due to a timeout).
> So far so good.
>
> It seems that the timeout breaks something, so the server
> dies too (I get a "Broken pipe" on the server's side).
>
> Anyone knows why the server dies and how to avoid that?
This text:
http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/
says that timeout is inherited from LWP::UserAgent, and it seems that
SOAP::Lite doesn't have specific handling for it at all.

This url :
http://cookbook.soaplite.com/
provides no specific answer for this, but it does have that cookbook style.

--
Thanks,
Uri