[Israel.pm] Development environments for Perl

David Baird davidlbaird at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:42:51 PST 2005

> I mean vi, emacs, Eclipse, Komodo and other tools you might use to improve
> your environment.

Being responsible for selecting development tools at my organization,
I've tried several development environments for Perl, and I could
present my findings, both positive and negative on Komodo and
ActiveState's PDK, and mostly negative on Eclipse. I am an official
beta tester of Komodo. I've also used CodeWright (now defunct) and
Visual SlickEdit for Perl development. I often take into account other
language support like C/C++, Java, make files, batch and script files,
PHP, XML and Python.

-David