[Israel.pm] Perl index

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 06:00:19 PDT 2005

On 6/5/05, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> The pod is here
> http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.pod
> and I use
> pod2html("--infile=perlindex.tmp", "--outfile=perlindex.html", "--noindex");

I'm confused - you have:
(1) http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.yaml
(2) http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.pod
(3) http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.html

A. How do you get from (1) to (2)?
B. How do you get from (2) to (3)? The command you give above mentions
a "perlindex.tmp", what is that? Also, how does the command above
create all the perldoc.perl.org links?

FWIW, I tried Shlomi's suggestion of Pod::Xhtml from the command line
(I used version 1.40):
pod2xhtml.pl --infile perlindex.pod --outfile perlindex.html --noindex

The command worked okay but the generated file still had validation
errors, although there were a lot less of them, so I think it is
indeed better to use Pod::Xhtml (assuming you can integrate it into
whatever flow you are using).

Offer Kaye