[Israel.pm] Perl index

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 04:35:41 PDT 2005

On 6/5/05, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In every class I teach I always get into trouble when asked how to locate
> the documentation of a keyword or if a keyword exists at all.
> For functions perldoc -f XYZ exists but where should one find the syntax of
> while, basename or echo ?
>
> So I created Perl index that should provide an index to all these keywords:
>
> http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.html
>
> Your opinions please.

I think this is a great resource (and not just for beginners!) that
has long been missing from the Perl docs. Good job Gabor!

> It is generated from a POD file which is generated from a YAML file.
> Source is currently available at
> http://www.szabgab.com/articles/perlindex.yaml
>
> Gabor

Can you also provide the POD file and the scripts used to generate the HTML?
I'm asking because the page does not validate correctly:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.szabgab.com%2Farticles%2Fperlindex.html
(http://tinyurl.com/9b3r6)
It would be nice to fix it directly at the source.

Offer Kaye